I am a soon-to-be MD/PhD with a passion for the written word, visual art, and creative communication. My research focuses on two primary tracks of interest:
- The genetic and epigenetic determinants of childhood asthma and allergic disease
- Understanding the genetic causes and health consequences of early childhood growth
In addition, I am actively engaged in teaching, primarily within VetU (the scientific development courses of the Karolinska Institutet medical program) and as a supervisor of students writing their master theses.
On this website you can find information about my forthcoming PhD thesis, my publication list, learn where I can be found elsewhere online, and subscribe to e-mail updates regarding my research. Further, a schedule of my public appearances is available below.
- Predisseration seminar, Department of Medical Epidemiology and Biostatistics, Karolinska Institutet, Stockholm, Sweden, Oct 14 2016
- Public PhD thesis defence, Karolinska Institutet, Stockholm, Sweden, Oct 21 2016
- Forskarfredag, Stockholm, Sweden, Sep 30 2016. Researcher dialogue “Räkna med gener – kan ditt DNA säga om du kommer bli allergisk?” Together with Olivia Larsson, on behalf of the Centre for Allergy Research (CfA) at Karolinska Institutet.
- ERS International Congress 2016, London, UK, Sep 3-7 2016. Poster presentation: “Is catch-up growth in small children associated with earlier growth and risk of asthma?”
- ERS International Congress 2015, Amsterdam, Netherlands, Sep 26-30 2015. Oral presentation: “Childhood asthma and hay fever are heritable, but specific high-risk variants are not shared between diseases”
- Centre for Allergy Research (CfA) PhD student and Postdoc Retreat ‘Career trajectories within the fields of allergy and immunology’, Jan 15, 2015. Moderator for session “Career Support and Services”
- AAAA&I 2014 Annual Meeting, San Diego, CA, USA, Feb 28-Mar 4 2014. Poster presentation: “Twins’ Increased Risk Of Asthma Compared To Singletons Is Mediated By Gestational Age”